Facial hair removal is a problem faced by women through the growth of excessive or coarse hair on areas of the face where it is not typically expected, such as the chin, upper lip, cheeks, and jawline. Hirsutism can be caused by various factors, including hormonal imbalances, genetics, medication side effects, or certain medical conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder primarily affecting individuals with female reproductive systems. It manifests with irregular menstrual cycles, ovulatory dysfunction, excess androgen hormones leading to symptoms like hirsutism and acne, and polycystic ovaries on ultrasound. PCOS is often associated with insulin resistance, contributing to weight gain and an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. Its exact cause is not fully understood but is believed to involve genetic and environmental factors.
Characteristics of Facial Hair:
Symptoms of facial hair that leads to women looking for ways of facial hair removal, can include:
- Hirsutism: Hirsutism is a medical term used to describe excessive and unwanted male-pattern hair growth in women. This can manifest as a beard-like growth, a mustache, or sideburns.
- Excessive Hair: An increase in the amount of hair on the face, particularly in areas like the chin, upper lip, cheeks, and jawline.
- Coarse or Dark Hair: The appearance of facial hair that is thicker, coarser, or darker than the fine vellus hair that is typically present on the face.
- Scalp Hair Loss: Some individuals with conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) may experience scalp hair loss in addition to facial hair growth.
- Acne: Hormonal imbalances that can lead to facial hair growth are often associated with acne breakouts.
- Scalp Hair Thinning: In some cases, excessive facial hair growth may be accompanied by thinning of hair on the scalp, resembling male-pattern baldness.
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles: Hormonal imbalances associated with facial hair growth can also cause irregular or absent menstrual periods.
5 Natural Ways of Facial Hair Removal:
Some ways of naturally managing facial hair removal are:
- Modify Your Diet: You may have heard the famous proverb you are what you eat. It is a fact that your diet has a significant impact on your overall health and well-being. Modifying the diet can make your body strong from the inside and help with facial hair removal and reduction.
- Spearmint Tea: Overproduction of androgen hormones is the main culprit in hirsutism. Therefore, anything that resets the hormones back to normal can significantly change the course of the disease. Hirsute women must try spearmint herbal tea for facial hair removal.
- Antioxidant Rich Foods : Antioxidant foods impart numerous health benefits. Appreciable alleviation of hirsutism symptoms was seen with antioxidant agents. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, goji, raspberries) and bell peppers can be helpful for facial hair removal.
- Weight Management: Obesity plays a crucial role in amping up hormonal disruptions and symptoms of PCOS. Overweight ladies suffer from a more severe form of PCOS, which manifests as facial hair. It not only alleviates symptoms of hirsutism and causes facial hair removal but also improves lipid profile and insulin resistance.
- Add Supplements to Your Daily Routine: Various anti-androgen supplements can serve as a helpful natural remedy for hirsutism and unwanted hair growth.
- Sugaring: If you want to know how to get rid of chin hair without pain, sugaring can aid in the removal of excessive facial hair with ease. You can prepare a sugaring paste with sugar, water, and lemons as ingredients. The sugar paste can help with facial hair reduction on the face, chin, and even for shaping eyebrows.
- Consuming Zinc Rich Foods: It has been observed that people with PCOS have low serum zinc levels. Therefore, consuming zinc rich foods will help with facial hair removal as well as other PCOS symptoms.
- Manage Stress Levels: High stress and anxiety levels are linked to the aggravation of PCOS symptoms. Women suffering from PCOS have a higher chance of having severe perceived stress. The presence of thick facial hair significantly reduces the quality of life and induces depression/anxiety in the patients.
- Use Homemade Face Masks: Hirsutism induced by PCOS is almost always accompanied by acne. Acne and hirsutism are common clinical manifestations of hyperandrogenism. Thus, both symptoms go hand in hand. You can use natural face masks to get rid of undesired facial hair removal.
The ten modern lifestyle root causes for hormonal imbalance related to PCOS that may on some level lead to problems with facial hair removal are:
- Food Related Causes– Inflammation, toxicity, acidity, excess male hormones, insulin resistance.
- Exercise Related Causes: Sedentary lifestyle, lack of muscle strength, excess ovarian fat.
- Sleep Related Causes: Poor sleep quality (Lack of Deep Sleep).
- Stress Related Causes: Chronic Stress. Addressing these triggers through an integrated approach can naturally restore hormonal balance.
How can the Five Pillars Integrated Lifestyle Approach Help You to Have Hormonal Balance and Help With Taking Care of Facial Hair Removal?
- Eat Right: Embrace living, water-rich, whole, plant-based foods that nurture our genetic potential. By opting for local and seasonal choices, we honor nature’s wisdom. Eliminating packaged and processed foods liberates us from epigenetic imprints, elevating our hormonal health.
- Move More: Embark on a journey of holistic lifestyle changes, where staying active transcends mere exercise. Embracing constant movement throughout the day optimizes epigenetic expression, igniting hormonal balance. Engage in pleasurable physical activities, dance, or even mindful walks to unlock the power of epigenetic triggers.
- Breathe Aware: As we deepen our understanding of Pranayama, the science of breath, we access a profound gateway to support gland function and harmonize hormones. Harnessing the breath’s epigenetic influence, we transcend the ordinary and elevate our hormonal well-being.
- Sleep Better: Unlock the secrets of deep sleep, a transformative practice for healing and regeneration. With the art of Yog Nidra to avoid being sleep deprived, we embrace epigenetic potential, unearthing hormonal harmony in the realm of dreams. Rejuvenate your entire being through this exquisite dance with the epigenetic clock to stop feeling sleep deprived.
- Mind Free: Journey into the realm of emotions, thoughts, and stress resilience, where journaling, gratitude, and emotional practices become our guiding compass. Embracing epigenetic intelligence, we shift our narrative from stress to serenity, empowering our hormonal landscape.